Product Manager 2.0 – New Course I am Working On
I currently work as a Product Manager. My last job was a Product Manager. The one previous to that was a mix of Project Management and Business Analysis. I have been an Agile and Scrum fan for a very long time now :-)
One area where enough coaching is not available is the role of Product Manager/ Product Owners in Scrum and Agile world. I am compiling a slide deck talking about this. I’ll also think of exercises, theory and examples.
Whatever conference comes up next, I’ll try and schedule this talk there!
Any links, examples – will help!
Here is what the outline looks like:
- What is changing about the way products are developed? -> Internet times, Marketing changes, Hardware upgrades, Customer preferences, Increased competition
- What is changing about the way products are supported and marketed? -> Social communities on the web, Instant gratification, Thought leadership
- What is changing about the engineering teams? -> More involvement in product strategy and support, Better work-life balance, Increased communication demands, More informal structures
- A bit about Agile and Scrum
- What does a traditional Product Manager do?
- What changes now?
- How to gather requirements?
- How to write requirements?
- How to prioritize?
- How to work with engineering teams and testers?
- How to work with marketing, support, sales, PR?
- How to work with senior management?
- Skills required!
This is still a bit hazy. Let’s see how it develops :-)